First of all, wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous new year!
It is August 28, 2010. A concert gets going. The musicians tune their vaadhiyams. The milling crowd refuses to settle down. There are people walking about. Talking to each other. Some loudly, oblivious to what is happening. Some in murmurs and whispers. The music begins. Minutes pass. A silence descends upon the crowd. Many in the audience start tapping the thaaLam, as if the musicians depend on them to stay in cadence. An hour passes by. Now you could see the heads shaking. The occasional 'Sabaash!', 'Bale!' and 'Aaha!' pierce the silence. By the time the concert ends, the musicians, the organizers, and the audience blend into a harmonious one. Far from the sabhas of India, somewhere in the sleepy suburbs of Southern California, a mellifluous blend of traditional and earthy Carnatic music holds a crowd spellbound. The music has permeated the soul. If you are there, you realize that something happened. A tradition begins. This is how history is created.
Hamsadhwani Carnatic Music Academy is into its 5th year now. What started rolling that day in 2010 has gathered momentum. Watch this video to see how Hamsadhwani has become an integral part of our rasika's lives today.
None of this would have been possible without your support. Towards that end, we are pleased to announce the launch of Hamsadhwani's 2015 Fundraising Campaign!
- The campaign begins today, Friday, Jan 9th.
- Over the next 8 weeks, weekly emails, facebook posts, and blogs will keep you updated on the progress.
- The goal is to raise at least $10000, our budget for 2015.
- The budget covers all the concerts that have already been scheduled.
- It accommodates two additional concerts by artistes from India that will be scheduled during the year.
- Please note that 100% of the funds raised are used to pay for actual expenses like hall rent and artiste compensation only.
- There is no minimum, but the suggested donation is $100 per family.
- All donations will be tax exempt under code 501-(c)(3) of the IRS.
The first concert by Adithya Chackravarthy, a prodigal talent from Canada, is coming up on Jan 25th. Please support your music community and young musicians. Donate online or mail a check today!
HCMA Board of Directors
Visit our website
Follow our blog
Find us on Facebook