Artiste Selection Policy
Artistes who perform in the concerts are handpicked and carefully screened based on predefined criteria. For the benefit of artistes interested in performing at HCMA, the policies for artiste selection are listed below.
- Artistes interested in performing at HCMA can contact us and provide details about his/her credentials
- YouTube video (or equivalent) of the performance should be submitted.
- Artistes interested in a 2-hour concert should submit a video of a previous performance showcasing the raaga, swara and neraval in addition to #2 above.
- Artistes interested in a full 3-hour concert should submit a video of a previous performance showcasing the raagam, thaanam, pallavi in addition to #3 above.
- The Board of Directors of Hamsadhwani has the final say on artiste selection.
- Accompaniments: Preference will be given to local artistes. Can be recommended by vocalist but subject to availability, feasibility and approval from Board of Directors.
Thematic Concert is an hour-long presentation of krithis/songs based on a particular theme/story/god/composer by the students and teachers of California. Thematic Concert will be presented every year during the month of December. The goal is to support and honor music teachers in California and teachers visiting from India.