Hamsadhwani Carnatic Music Academy (HCMA) is what it is today because of supporters like yourself. What started as a small group's initiative has become a community movement. The concerts have provided a great platform for young musicians and an opportunity for the community to have immersive musical experiences.
Since our humble beginnings, Hamsadhwani has been funded by donations from the community. During 2013, some donors recommended that the fundraising be limited to a short 'campaign window' with a funding goal and regular updates to track progress. This idea has been implemented in 2014.
Yes. The 2014 Fundraising Campaign is here!
- The campaign begins today, Friday, Jan 10th.
- Over the next 8 weeks, weekly emails, facebook posts, and blogs will keep you updated on the progress.
- The goal is to raise at least $6000, our budget for 2014.
- The budget covers the 7 concerts that have already been scheduled.
- It accommodates one additional 'floating' concert that will be scheduled during the year.
- Please note that 100% of the funds raised are used to pay for actual expenses like hall rental and artiste compensation only. HCMA's organizers and volunteers make sure that we have near-zero overhead costs.
- There is no minimum, but the suggested donation is $100 per family.
- All donations will be tax exempt, pending HCMA's 501-3(c) application approval (expected in early 2014).